Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Friday, June 24, 2005

New Addition: St. Jude Medical (STJ)

I wrote an article on 6/16/05 about stocks that I was eyeing. I made a purchase last week in St. Jude Medical. They make medical devices such as defibrillators and pace makers. Standard and Poors rates Saint Jude Medical as a "strong buy (5/5 Stars)" with a $55 price target. Guidant, it's number one competitor, is having some problems and recalling some of their medical devices. Look for more business to go to St. Jude Medical (STJ) and Medtronic (MDT) (See this article on Market Watch). I would wait for a little pullback in either Saint Jude or Medtronic and then I would buy. With the Fed tightening, select medical stocks are a safe bet for the rest of 2005 and 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home