Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Oh Canada!!!

I remember going to Canada about five or six years ago and converting US dollars into Canadian dollars. At the time I was not knowledgeable about foreign exchange but I do remember things being "cheaper" in Canada. A nice dinner cost $80 Canadian dollars but when converted back into US currency the meal was much cheaper. I know for a fact that the Toronto Blue Jays paid and still pay their baseball players in American dollars. While their revenue continues to be primarily in Canadian dollars. This was something they always complained about. I don't think they will be complaining much longer.


The first chart compares the iShares Canada ETF (EWC) (Up 100% in 5 years), the Canadian dollar, and the S&P 500.
The second chart is of one Canadian dollar to US currency over the past five years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home