Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Monday, May 22, 2006

India Gets Knocked Out


I have a few friends that live in India and follow the Indian economy pretty closely. One of my relatives also owned the India Fund (IFN). IFN is a close ended mutual fund.
One ugly chart the past couple of weeks. One of my friends rode this from $30 to $50. Luckily he got out. The downside volume in May is troubling. Also see EEM.

My 2 cents, IFN & TIE along with a few other high fliers look like charts from March of 2000. I will never forget when my macroeconomics professor said, "rich people love bear markets."

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Ben said...

I have no idea what is fundamentally going on in India. I know that the Indian central bank has been raising interest rates for some time. A lot of the ADR action and volatility has to do with the current exchange rate between India and the US. I owned IBN from August 2005 until March 2006.

5/22/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger LongDistanceBlogger said...

"rich people love bear markets."

Could you elaborate on the above statement? Thx.

5/24/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home