Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Checking My Stock Picks

I made several stock picks on 4/27/05 for the 2005-2006 year. It has only been two months and the results have been quite good. Clearly energy and healthcare are working. Here is how my picks have fared as of the close on 6/29/05. I still like all of these stocks.

Chesapeake Energy (CHK) UP 13.7% - Great natural gas company
United Health Care (UNH) UP 12.8% - Stock Split 2:1 in May
Halliburton (HAL) UP 11.04% - Continues to win big contracts
Pfizer (PFE) UP 4.0% + 19 Cent Div - Worth at least $31
Altria (MO) UP 1.5% - Strong fundamentals & 4.5% dividend yield
Coca Cola (KO) UP 0.4% - I'll take Buffett over Pepsi
Citigroup (C) UP 0.4% + 44 Cent Div - Good yield

Proctor & Gamble (PG) UNCHANGED - Better than losing money

Tyco International (TYC) DOWN 5.7% - Had a bad qtr: things should pick up
Goldman Sachs (GS) DOWN 5.7% - Pulled back: now over $100.
Qualcom (QCOM) DOWN 4.9% - Buy some more
General Electric (GE) DOWN 3.3% - Buy some more

NOTE: I added St. Jude Medical (STJ) & Lennar (LEN) in June. Both are up since I posted but it is not right to compare them to picks made two months ago. They will be reviewed on 8/30/05 with the rest of my picks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home