Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Monday, October 24, 2005

Bought More Chesapeake Energy (CHK) for the Portfolio

I bought a few more shares of Chesapeake Energy (CHK) this afternoon. I bought more shares despite having a 50% gain in the stock. I added to my position at $30.27. The cold weather is now upon us for a while and Chesapeake Energy is the best natural gas stock that is publicly traded. So the trade seemed obvious to me.

Hallibuton (HAL) reports earnings tomorrow, they should be good. I was either going to buy shares in CHK or HAL. I decided to go with CHK, but I believe both will increase in valued of at least 20% over the next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger uvagrad2002 said...

CHK is a good bet. Earnings are released tomorrow, 11/1. I'm looking for them to beat analysts' estimates pretty handily. The smart money will be looking at hedges they've entered into since they released the last update and adjustments to Q4 and 2006 earnings estimates.

10/30/2005 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home