Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rough Start to Quarter for Portfolio

Things have started to look ugly in the portfolio compared to on 9/30/05. I have seen a lot of my gains significantly reduced over the past two weeks. I have been overweight energy and everything energy related has sold off at least 8% since 9/30. I see this as a nice buying opportunity because earnings will be fantastic for energy stocks. Retail and just about every other sector is also taking a beating, just not as bad as energy stocks over the past two weeks. I added some Motorola yesterday. I would look to add to my positions in Altria (MO) or Chesapeake Energy (CHK). I am also considering initiating a position in Activison (ATVI) or Gamestop (GME).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home