Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Web 2.0: Another Tech Boom?

There has been a lot of talk about what Web 2.0 is. Is it a faster internet? More streaming video? New companies? New products? Honestly, I don't care what it is going to be. I just want to look for ways to make money off of it. I have been very negative on tech and I am starting to look for some good tech names to add to my portfolio. Right now I own Google, Cerner, Qualcom, and Motorola. There is a big Web 2.0 conference this weekend and it should be interesting to see what emerges. Right now, the best way to play Web 2.0 is to own Google (Nasdaq: GOOG). Here is a company that is taking Microsoft's (MSFT) business faster than Microsoft can spell Google. As more details emerge, I would look into other tech companies. The real conservative way to play it is to own the Nasdaq 100 (QQQQ) or the Nasdaq Composite (ONEQ), but that is heavily weighted with Microsoft. We could see another tech boom and I want to be in the right stocks before everyone else.

Interesting Web 2.0 Plays
Google (GOOG)
Yahoo (YHOO)
IAC/Interactive Corp (IACI) (Looks undervalued here)
Akamia Technologies (AKAM)
News Gator (If it goes public or company that acquires it)

Web 2.0 Conference Page

Note: I am long Google (GOOG).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home