Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Monday, December 05, 2005

Speculative Stock

I owned a few shares of Sears Holding (SHLD) and sold them today before they report Tuesday. This has been a disappointing investment. The fact of the matter is nobody shops at Sears anymore, they shop at JC Penny, Wal-Mart, Federated, and Target. I took a 15% loss in SHLD.

I have been doing some research and today I took the money from Sears Holdings and put it into New River Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: NRPH). NRPH will benefit from a partnership with Shire Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: SHPGY) in developing a new ADHD drug that prevents overdosing and will make the drug more prescribed as patients cannot overdose from taking the drug. They are also working on a drug similar to Vicodin that prevents overdosing. They don't create drugs but improve existing drugs that big pharma is not interested in improving. This is a real interesting company and I believe the stock could pop like Noven (NOVN) did today with its ADHD patch.
I would like to warn fellow readers that this is a speculative stock and I don't recommend it for your IRA/College Savings Account.

Invest at your own risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home