Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Stock Pick: Intuitive Surgical (ISRG)

First off, I would like to say that this stock at its 52 week high. ISRG is up a lot but I still think it goes higher. I listened to the latest conference call and I believe ISRG will sell at least 30 of the da Vinci Surgical Systems in Q4. Wall Street estimates of $0.49 are too low for Q4. I believe ISRG will earn between $0.50-$0.60 in Q4. The bear case for ISRG is that they will be taxed between 30-40% in 2006 and that will hurt future earnings. ISRG is still enjoying a 7% tax rate because of previous losses. Also ISRG has met sales goals in 2005 so further sales in 2005 will credit more bonuses to employees and lower earnings per system sold I still think there is a lot of room to grow in ISRG's patented technology.

If you are serious about ISRG then I think you should visit their investor relations home page.
There is a PDF Investor Presentation that is worth reading (Need Adobe to View).

Note: I currently have no position in ISRG but I am considering buying near these levels.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Ben said...

I think Under Armor is risky right here. If you don't mind risking it then I say go for it and buy it under $21. Under Armor is not appropriate for retirement money or college savings unless you can afford a potential 20% loss on your investment. Maybe use a stop-loss order on this one. I usually never use stop losses though. Honestly, I think a lot of the money has been made in Under Armor; at least in the short term.

11/26/2005 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home