Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Qlogic's Success Should Benefit BRCD & ELX

I was considering going long Qlogic Corp. (QLGC) before they reported earnings. After reading several analysts reports I decided to stay on the sidelines. I was clearly wrong and so were most of the analysts. Most analysts believed that Qlogic's valuation is limited to 20X forward earnings. That was one dollar of upside before the close yesterday. The market liked Qlogic's report (up 8%) and rivals Emulex (ELX) and Brocade (BRCD) should benefit when they report.

Note: I have no position in ELX, BRCD, or QLGC
This is not investment advice. Invest at your own risk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

I owned shares of Brocade when it was trading in the 50's. I sold a good chunk but kept a few shares just in case it kept goin up.

"I immediately regret this decision."

10/26/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Big Ben said...

I do not think BRCD will see the $50s anytime soon. Maybe $10 by the end of the year.

10/26/2006 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home