Google
 
Web Invest4today.blogspot.com

Friday, October 28, 2005

Consolidating Stock Portfolio

I own too many stocks and I am too diversified. I have been doing some selling the past couple of weeks along with some buying. I am trying to have between 12-17 stocks.

October Stock Sales
AIG (AIG) (Sold @ $63.47) Had a profit and took it-stock might go higher
Axonyx (AXYX) (Sold @ $1.03) Big speculative loser luckily only had 100 shares
Qualcomm (QCOM) (Sold @ $44.79) I decided I had enough cell phone exposure with Motorola. Plus it reached my price target of $45.
Tyco (TYC) (Sold @ $26.50) (Will NEVER buy this company again)
United Health (UNH) Sold (Will buy back position under $54)

October Stock Purchases
Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Added to position- reports earnings Monday
Gilead Sciences (GILD) New postion-Avian flu play plus has other great drugs
Motorola (MOT) Added to position
Titanium Metals (TIE) New position-reports next week

Future Transactions....
Buys
Cerner (CERN) Want to add to position under $83
Gamestop (GME) I want to add this stock to the portfolio under $32
Another energy stock??

Sells
Coca-Cola (KO) When it hits $45 I am out. There is no growth at this company
Maxim Integrated (MXIM) Wish I sold it yesterday
Pfizer (PFE) Another terrible stock
Qlogic (QGLC) See Pfizer & Maxim
Westar Energy (WR) Ready to sell it-consolidate portfolio (might buy back)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joaquin Mattison said...

Why would you sell a good stock like UNH. October is the end of a fiscal year. People always take profits then.

10/29/2005 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home